St Pauls Afrikan Caribbean Carnival aims and objectives are:
To promote and advance the education appreciation and practice of African and Caribbean arts, culture and history:
- Deliver a sustainable, safe, annual free carnival celebration now and in the future
- Encourage participation in carnival arts
- Promote inclusion across the diverse population
- Educate local and wider community on the history and issues affecting Black African and Caribbean people embedding artistic innovation through activities.
- Optimise the organisation performance and ensure compliance with legal requirements – promoting ethical governance
St Pauls Carnival adopts the following values throughout its work:
- Equality of Opportunity – treating individuals with respect and dignity, valuing difference
- Excellence – both artistic and management practices
- Access – extend access and build audiences
- Accountability – to stakeholders
- Flexibility – to allow the organisation to adapt and develop
- Integrity – striving to work ethically at all times
- Sustainability – as an organisation, a service provider and in its relationships
St Pauls Afrikan Caribbean Carnival is a company limited by guarantee, a registered charity and a membership-based organisation. If you support the aims and objectives you can become a member of the organisation for the forthcoming year.
Membership, which is renewable on an annual basis, entitles you to vote at the Carnivals Annual General Meeting (AGM) and also any Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs), which should they occur, we are required to give you a minimum of 21 clear days notice within 28 days notice of any such meeting.
Membership normally runs for one year. Members undertake to pay £1 towards the debts of the company in the event that it ceases to trade.
In order to become a member of St Pauls Afrikan Caribbean Carnival Ltd, please complete this members form and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org putting ‘Membership’ in the subject field.
Please note, if you became a member of St Pauls Afrikan-Caribbean Carnival and Arts Association Ltd this company was wound up in 2006 and therefore these memberships are no longer valid
Forms of Involvement
We always encourage involvement from the Community, from local residents as artists to volunteers or in any capacity that can support the planning and presentation of Carnival each year we would be grateful to hear from you. Please complete and submit the appropriate forms, indicating how you want to be involved. If you are returning the forms by post please clearly mark the envelope with the area of involvement you are interested in e.g. Mas Camps and Volunteer.
Mas Camps and Workshop Opportunities
Mas Camps (masquerade camps) and workshops are a great way to get involved in Carnival. If you want to learn costume making skills or want help making something for the procession, then this is for you.